Thursday, October 21, 2010

Backlighting


“Caution” This picture was taken when we were out looking for good backlighting photos, and I saw the caution tape. I looked at it from a few angles, but it wasn’t a good picture if I had taken it from straight on. I had to take the picture from a different angle so I thought of all my compositional elements and took it in a few different ways


            When I took this picture I was on Horizon Christian School campus just walking around. When I saw it the first thing that caught my mind was how it was layered so thickly like a big yellow onion. When my viewers see this image I want them to think of how it shows the yellow of the caution tape without really showing anything on purpose.
            There are a few compositional elements; they are Worm’s Eye View, Repetition, and Back Lighting. It is Repetition because the caution tape is layering itself almost thirteen- times. It is worm’s eye view because the caution tape is looking down at you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment